Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Just google it!

Google screen shot
Still remember that 101 things I learned last week? Hoo yeah, I'd like you to meet my facilitator up above. My dearest Uncle Google.

Having jumped onto the internet bandwagon from 1996, I guess I have lived with the knowledge that you can find out just about anything from the internet. Anything.
Translating that knowledge into practice, however, is not quite an automatic.
Seriously, do you really Google every single question that came to your mind?
Not really.
Most of the time, I might stumble into the "I wonder..." mode, but simply left it hanging there.


It feels like such a huge waste, to have this very powerful tool in your hand and failing to use it, especially when it might prove to be to your benefit.

I really should get on with Googling things.
There's no harm, right? It's free, it's quick. In time, you might even increase your knowledge in general, and hopefully make you a better person.
There is no social cost of embarrassing yourself in front of anyone. It's just a series of computer algorithm.
I guess the only thing is just about the time aspect.
You'll never know where you'll get sucked into once you embark on your search.

Still, I did learn a LOT of things from acting on "I wonder..."s.
Yeah, like about 101 things.
So.. I guess it's not that bad.


How about you? Have you Googled anything lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment