Sunday, March 6, 2011

a new project...Week 1

It is a combination of many things,
My mother's comment on the lack of her daughter's presence in the mountains of photos I uploaded every time I updated the family on the Little One's latest antics,
My lovely sister's beautiful (and numerous!) portraits, many of them self-portraits,
The many references to the various self-portrait projects on the web (you can start with Flickr, for example)

I think I should jump in the bandwagon.

In the hope that I would be more comfortable with how I look (extra pounds, white hair, warts and all)
That I would also take better pictures
That I would be able to tell better stories, through sharing also about the one behind the lenses,
The hidden narrator...

So... without further ado...

Presenting:

From 2-arms length
I realize there are quite a few classic self-portrait poses: from an arms length (Mine is two. Do you know how heavy the DSLR is? At that distance... HEAVY), mirror, shoes/feet, shadow,....
Not too sure what else.
I would expect I would go through those 'easy' ones first.

As is obvious from my lack of other 'creative' idea for self-portrait... I do really need to find more inspiration.

We'll do this weekly, and maybe I will try to come up with certain theme for each week. I don't know. It's quite at the spur of the moment currently, so... we'll just see as we go along.

I do hope you'll enjoy it as well.

Oh, and yeah, I really do need those lessons, either on posing to my advantage, or on loving myself the way I am. Not so liking the pic at the moment. Hhhh.....

No comments:

Post a Comment