Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Week 2: Fascinated

Leaf-hearted shadow
I remember seeing an image like this, or not quite. I remember that it was a vintage street photograph. The lady took a picture of her shadow with a leaf placed right where her heart is supposed to be.
I guess it make an interesting picture.
Not quite happy with the result so far, although I did get fascinated with shadows in general.

Take a look at some of my snaps lately:
@ the Playground
Under the tree
@ the car porch
Apart from the shadows, the running theme I notices is also the fact that all are taken while I was waiting for the Little One, usually playing outside.
I guess Shadows do make an interesting study.
The general shape, the distortion, the quality of light, the background it superimposed, even they way different shadows interact (or is it more of the transition from 3D to 2D?)

I do look forward to exploring this theme further. But as it is, this is my take on the week 2 of the self-portrait series.
I might still explore further on how to make the photos of mere shadow can tell a story, but I think the concept definitely have some potential.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment