Thursday, October 7, 2010

Birthday Card


I used to make cards when I was in secondary school. Did I tell you I made cards before? Well, anyway, I did, make cards, that is. They were simple, usually just a play of texture, not complicated at all. It's quite fun, it's not expensive, and I think is more personal. 

I now have more appreciation for handmade stuff. Must be my daily foray into various arts and crafts blogs. But, I mean, handmades ARE indeed creative, personal, unique among other things, right? 

In any case, when the Little One's best friend's birthday came up, I really don't know what to buy her. The Little One actually got a pair of clothes for her birthday, but maybe also because we have been passing them batik clothes from Indonesia as gifts. In short, I don't really feel like giving clothes. 
And so we made these, the card, and the pinwheel.

Remember my watercolors a few entries ago? I still do that once in a while. So.. I just used a watercolor for both the pinwheel and the card. I think they look kind of nice.
Maybe next time we can do some other handmade stuff. Paper origami, maybe? Haha...

Any ideas, anyone?



No comments:

Post a Comment