Monday, October 4, 2010

Nighttime thinking...

Red Ant next to a leaf
I wonder if the ant can actually comprehend its size against the rest of the world. But then again, I wonder if even we humans are really conscious of our relative size to the universe.

Yah, the funny thoughts that come at night as you wind down, ready for your rest for the day.
I used to really love talking to my Mom at this time of the day, always trying not to be so obvious at my efforts to stretch bedtime. It's been years since I do that. But I guess I still try to do that whenever I get the chance to catch up with either of my sisters. Provided none of us are to tired for some late night talk. Somehow, I just feel that confidences just flow smoother at night, away from light, from prying eyes. We are more... mellow, more receptive to ideas, to secret exchanges...

I don't usually post here at night. Usually by this time I would be so tired that if I were to be on the computer, I would be passively reading whatever takes my fancy instead of actively writing a post. But the Little One was asleep early (ahm, she actually simply combined her nap with her night sleep, resulting in super early falling asleep. I wish she would do that more often), and I managed to get a nice sit down dinner, quite a bit of browsing, and still some energy left to write.
Life is good.

Back to the Ant, I have my own reason for having Mr. Ant here to start this post.
There are days, you know, when I just feel like that ant (debate on whether the ant has feelings or not aside),
When I feel that there are simply so many things that I want to do
When the to do list seem endless
And despair starts to creep in...

Just take this blog, for example.
It's there, it's being updated, not regularly enough, but it's just there
And yet, it's not enough.
There are still so many things to improve, so many possibilities
And I don't think I have even attracted any reader.
Hhhh.....

Maybe I should do a list. Yeah, a list would be good.
Of things that I need to do:
Pages for the blog : About me, photos, tips
Posts for the blog: blog review, self portrait, custom signature
House: more decorating please. 1 year on, the place still look pretty bare and uninspired
Kiddo: finish the dress I started for her

Hmm.... No, list is no good. I'm getting depressed.
Never mind.

In the meantime, though, thank you Mr. Ant for dropping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment