Saturday, October 16, 2010

Blog Review: Patchwork Pottery


This is too cute. 
Hmm... no.
WAY beyond cute.
Adorable. Absolutely gorgeous. Amazing.

I was blog-hopping as usual the other night when I stumbled upon the fabric label tutorial by Laurraine. As I don't really do any fabric craft, I don't really have any idea why I would even be interested in the tutorial. Just curious, I guess. But boy, was I blown away by the site.


I have limited exposure to quilts in general. I mean, living in the tropics mean that you don't really do quilts, now, right? And what limited exposure that I got did not quite give me any real appreciation of quilts. I mean, it's patchwork. So? 
It's warm, kind of plushy. Useful, I guess, I know the cushion covers are. Ahm. But that's all.

MugRug

Patchwork Pottery, however, quickly make me revise those notions.
Egad, this is a totally different ballgame we are talking about.
I guess I have never encountered before such lovely designs out of love for something so ordinary, drinking tea. 
And yet Laurraine actually manage to incorporate that very thing into the whole design of her blog.
And I. Love. Everything. about it.
Everything.

From the twist in the tittle (seriously, pottery made out of patchwork? I would never thought of that in a million years), the stitches around the background and the pictures, the colour scheme, the teacups designs on top (so cute!), and of course, all her work featured in the blog itself.

SpiderWeb quilt block


I am telling you, even if you are not into artsy craftsy, quilting, cute stuff or sewing, you should still check out her blog, and be inspired. Just look at the design she came up for Halloween.
If money were to grow on trees in my backyard, I would very much luuurrvee to commission some heirloom piece that I would treasure to pieces. Hhhh... as it is.... as you know, money does NOT grow on trees.
But in the meantime I can still drool in front of my computer screen.
And should you follow my advice to check out her blog, you might want to protect your keyboard first just in case you drool as well.


Ah, and I should mention as well, that Laurraine does have a shop on Etsy, but nowadays she's only selling her patterns as well as publications that feature her designs. Still, I had quite a great time looking through the stuff she sold in the past. One of a kind teacup pouches? Ah, they are beyond adorable.

Note: I am supposed to link the pictures back to the blog, unfortunately as a relatively new blogger, I am still not too sure how to do it. It's late now, so I will just post first and edit further later. In the meantime, please do use the text links. I believe I did leave quite a few of them throughout the post. Thanks for your understanding!

No comments:

Post a Comment