Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Why I am not a "foodie"


One of my pastime activities include browsing through 'foodie blogs', both in the interest of finding inspiration for my own cooking as well as for the sheer enjoyment.
Great photography, fantastic sense of humor... oh there are so many gems out there.
And of course, some of them are bound to make you feel ooh so hungry.
And sometimes... even put the crazy idea in your mind to come up with your own 'foodie blog'
Until you realize, that is, that there is no way you're going to make it work.


Why? Well... I guess I am simply not passionate enough about food to ever come up with enough motivation to write on regular basis.
And then there is the photography... taking pics of step by step process? Uhmm... let me think about it.
Or even of the final result!
I have to admit that most of my food photographs are .... pretty lame, more on disastrous rather than good, with just the occasional 'decent' ones. I don't really think that they are good enough. Still, it's quite fun just to take the occasional food photo and try to improve on my technique in general.





Here's just some of the better photos, those that I am not ashamed to share with you.
I should try and take more.
How about yourself? Are you a 'foodie'?

No comments:

Post a Comment