Thursday, September 16, 2010

Blogging

I don't know how it is with the rest of you, but it takes me FOREVER just to get a post up on the blog. It's really a bugbear in me blogging. There is no lack of ideas, quite a number of pictures to work on, but it takes so long to do them all. I just did a post on my other blog (I maintain at least 2 working blog, more about that some other time) and the whole sequence of choosing pictures, writing the post, adjusting the layout and some final editing took me well over 2 hours! I need to do this better. I am not too sure if this is a problem with the tool I am using (the Blogger features; I am convinced they used to have a better tool for the text and picture layout), or simply my own unorganized nature.

Whatever it is, I am determined to get this post up before my time ran out. I suppose it's going to be a short one, though, just a few things that made me happy (and 1 that made me slightly unhappy).

Spotted this flower during my walkies. I suppose it's a hibiscus of a kind, but it's quite different from the common hibiscus that I usually see. In fact, this is the first time I see such a pretty twist to the hibiscus. Usually they don't face down, and look at the petals! Aren't they cute? All the flowers on the tree are hanging in the same way as the one shown on the picture. The effect is very much light a very pretty lantern of a flower. I really WANT this one in my own garden. I wonder if they grow if I just cut a branch and plant it in my garden. Quite a few of the plants here do reproduce that way. I really should try, now if I only be thick skinned enough to go for walkies carrying a pair of gardening shears, cut a branch and walk all the way back home with my 'trophy'. Hahaha.....

I really should do it. I really want that flower. I covet!

My fridge door has the Little One's drawing on it!
Can't believe my excitement about this one. I mean, my fridge surface had always been empty. I don't even collect magnets!
I was cleaning up the other day and... I just don't feel like throwing away these pieces of paper, you know? Abstract art by the Little One. Hmmm hmm... just can't wait to have more of those. These are the best so far, although the big one did have some Mummy's hand in it. (I started first, then she added her 'additions'). The small one was purely hers, though.

Aw, just look at those colours! Scrummy, I think that's what Lucy from Attic24 would say.
I wanted to do a hexagon blanket for myself as a companion to the blanket I'm still currently crochetting for the Husband. I saw these colours and they were sooooooo lovely, slightly pastel, not quite so... harsh. I am thinking of some flowery hexagons. I think I spied some lovely African flower pattern while trawling through crochetty flickr galleries the other day. I will let you know how they work out once I tried them.
These are still in trial, so I only bought these 3 balls so far. These are cotton cos I just wanted a light blanket. I was thinking of doing the flowers alternating between yellow center, red petals and red center, yellow petals, with the green as edging for the flowers. Hmmm......
Can't quite wait to see the result. Still have to find a good pattern though. Not quite ready to design my own pattern yet. Haha....

I know it's really BAD to leave WIPs around, but I'm kind of stuck with this one.
Hmm... put it this way, given the constraint in our monthly budget, I don't quite buy my yarn in bulk, and currently they ran out of WHITE! AAaaaaa!
How can they run out of White! I mean, I really prefer to have white to lighten the colours of the blanket, you know.
As one first huge project, this is my first, so... let's just say it's kind of haphazard in design. But I still would like to finish it.
Hhh.... I wish they would stock up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment