Thursday, September 30, 2010

Corners of my house #1

I think SouleMama hit the sentiment on the nail when she started her 'Corners of My Home' Flickr group. We tend to forget the tiny details of our homes as years pass us by. Especially for people who move around. Like me. I've stayed in various locations in Singapore, and currently I am in the Philippines, without even any guarantee that I will stay here very long.

There are indeed times when I missed our old apartment in Singapore, on which the Husband and I spent so much effort beautifying and homifying (if there is ever such a word), and alas, there were so little pictures of the various corners where we spend a lot of time. The Husband's hobby table, the kitchen tops, the always filled to the brim sink, the puny toilet at the back.

I really should make an effort to go around and capture this place the is our 'home for the moment' just so the memories are not lost. I don't know if I will join the Flickr group, but at least here, in my own blog, I should keep those corners alive.

An added benefit, this kind of postings should come in handy when life simply does not allow me to ponder and write pages of wisdom. Such a brilliant idea, indeed.

So, without further a due, I present, a corner of our current home.


the hallway between the master bedroom and the Kid's bedroom upstairs. See the Teddy bear at the corner? One of our best investments for the Kid. She loves running away from Daddy and Mama, across the hallway and straight into the Teddy whenever we want to do things that she does not want, like putting her in her clothes or getting back Daddy's phone. Taken from about 30cm above the floor, this must be her view of the hallway. a lovely view indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment