Thursday, September 9, 2010

Dumping ground...

My usual dumping ground, the bed
This is a real bad habit, I know, especially when the bed is shared, as it has been for quite a number of years now. But I can't help it.
The bed is just THE perfect dumping ground, especially a double bed. 
It's big, it's flat, it's within reach without having to bend down to far (like when I dump stuff on the floor)
I remember when the Husband used to travel for work, days when he was not around would be marked by the presence of all kind of stuff on the bed, leaving me just enough space to sleep comfortably, but not much else.
Those were the days when I worked as well.
Right now, I have no excuse for not cleaning up, so I do try to clean up once I'm done, or rather, once my me-time is up and I have to go back to my role as a mother and wife.

I don't really have much time to write at the moment, I still have to prepare dinner pretty soon. 
But just let me give you a tour of the dumping ground. 
The photo actually shows the things that I 'packed' for my me-time, that is when Solly is around and I can hide in the bedroom while I do my stuff away from itchy little hands.
Starting from the left, almost to the top, the note book and the papers on the clipboard.
I am currently attending a part time course in management. Trying to pick up some useful skills for life. I do hope to be able to either work or at least earn income sometime in the future. So... those are my study materials, my notes and some hand-outs.

The huge, ugly plastic bad contains my crochetty stuff: my meagre stash of yarns, Work in Progress (WIPs), my 2 very precious needles.... Yeah, I think that's about it. 
I really should get a better bag rather than a plastic bag, but I still have 2 WIPs currently, I don't think adding another project is justifiable, even if it were to be a normal sewn fabric bag rather than a crochetted bag. Ah well...

The blue and orange pouch... I actually can't remember what it contained. It's such a flexible pouch so.. I don't really designated anything to it, just use it as I see fit according to my need. Sometimes it will contain whatever WIP I feel like carrying in my bag, sometimes it's my electronics (cables, card readers etc), sometimes even my medication, you get the idea. As when I took the photo? I'm really not sure. It could be either one, but most probably some WIPs I took to go out previously.

The digital camera... ah.. my precious. It's not really fully functional, the LCD display no longer works (thank God it was an old model that still has a viewfinder, most of the newer point and shoot cameras no longer has one). The cable further up is actually the one that I use to download images from the camera to the computer.

Water bottle, for rehydration.
The blue book is my accounting textbook. I think it was being used as background for my crochet, rather than being read.

And lastly, of course, me beloved computer and the small card reader.
I am currently learning another new thing, that is Photoshop. The Husband had installed it in the computer and when I have the chance, I tried to learn how to use it. It's a slow process, not least due to the difficulty in finding time blocks to spend in front of the computer. Also... I am teaching myself through trial and error.

In any case, is there anything new that you do today?

No comments:

Post a Comment