Sunday, August 22, 2010

Filling time....

Getting to know the local 'creepy crawlies' better

Having fun at the swimming pool
Despite all evidence to the contrary, I have not forgotten this blog. In fact, I seem to be constantly thinking of what I should write next. It is just unfortunate that my opportunities to write do not seem to coincide with my more lucid moments.

In addition, there also times, when I was all poised to write and post, but the internet connection did not co-operate. It was really frustrating. The pictures are not getting uploaded, let alone edited as I want, pages are not loading, and the best part was that the internet breakdown should happen when the Little One is fast asleep extra early. AAaaaa! Such a waste of a good opportunity.

These snapshots featured here are but a few of the things I have done lately.

I don't know if you can tell, but I am into photography lately. I think I might have mentioned before that I stumbled on a very good website the other day on learning photography. There are numerous tips about learning various types of photography, there is even a forum with a weekly challenge.

The BBC Viewfinder (the picture editor's blog) does have such weekly challenge as well, which I followed occasionally, but never participated. I actually find it a bit more difficult given the huge allowance for interpretation. They only pick 10 best submission to be showcased, and they are usually very inspirational, if not intimidating.

In any case, some time last week, I also turned my attention to my little big box of photos, and came up with quite a stack of ID photos. Not as many as I would have liked, but plenty enough. Having a good, dependable, nicely sized Ikea frame on hand, I got to work to create a small collage using those ID photos.  It was fun, and I think it turned out quite well, but I think there are many ID photos still scattered in the house that I would like to include as well.

I also made one for the Husband, but that one is not going to be featured here without his express permission. Haha... tough luck. In any case, I do not have that many ID photos of him dating before his Uni days. Maybe I should still his old report cards and start my scanner. kekekkee... what an evil idea!

PhotoID collage

 Right in the footstep of that ID photo collage, I remembered that the Husband and I would soon celebrate 11th anniversary of us going out as a couple. Not wedding anniversary, mind you. I don't think we will ever remember our wedding anniversary. So I made another collage, this time of photos of the 2 of us. It's cool. 

Again, THAT collage is not going here without express permission. So... maybe just as an inspiration for all of you out there racking your brain for anniversary gifts to your special one.


The Dog getting to know a new friend
This last photo of the Dog is still part of my photography obsession, how to take better photos of pets. She's such a lovely subject.

In addition to improving my photos, I am also working to get a workable profile pic of all the family members to do a profile silhouette. There was a tutorial on how to it yourself. Getting the Little One's profile is especially challenging. I have not even started on mine or the Husband.

Ah well.... that's it for this current update. So many projects, so many things to do, so many pictures to edit, so many post to write.....

How about you, what are you doing today?

No comments:

Post a Comment