Thursday, August 26, 2010

Playing Around

Spidey's back
Selections of my puny garde

My hand, thankfully, got better after a good night's sleep.
After I gave up typing last night, I manage to play around a bit more with the photo-editing site, and got some more of my photos watermarked. 
The first photo here is again of Spidey 1, my current favourite subject, but from the top, showing those gorgeous stripes on its back instead of its stomach.

Thanks to the way Spidey 1 positioned its web, this photo was not so easy to take as there were lots of tall grass on this side of the web. But I managed. 
Even managed to overcome the wind problem (wind blows, web shakes a lot thanks to the considerable weight of Spidey right in the middle of the web).

The other photo is of my garden.
Well... not quite all of it, just a tiny portion of my garden. These are my herbs collection.
Top left is actually a plant to get mosquitoes to go away. It emits a certain smell that mosquitoes do not like. I actually brought it all the way from my parents' house. That was when the plants were somewhat smaller, though.

Top and bottom right are my peppermint. I bought the seed from the supermarket. It took quite a while, but they do grow. Unlike the rest of the seeds. I did buy also thyme and another type of mint. Those two died after a while, though.

The last one is my basil. It's grown so much. But I did not buy them from seed. The supermarket did sell some young plants, usually some herbs, at times. That was how I got my basil. They used to fit in the small pot like the one my peppermint is in. I moved them to a bigger pot, then later to the ground as they grew bigger, and they managed to grow even bigger, making me very happy.
I have now ever fresh supply of basil, lots of them. Sometime, they are even so fresh, the bunch that I take into the kitchen also got a jumping grasshopper among the leaves. (that usually happen when I pick my basil when it's dark, haha)

Flowers picked by the Little One on the shoe rack outside

The last photo, as the caption said, is just done for fun. The Little One now has an obsession for flowers, and she LOVES to pick these flowers. I think she's picking the neighbour's shrub bald. Hmm...

I love how the color stands out against the wooden and stone background.

All these photos and their outlines here (like the collage presentation of my garden) are the result of me playing around with various photo editing tools. Well.. not so many of them, actually, but I did play around. And I'm very happy to feel that there is something nice to show out of my playing around.
Upon reflection, I guess we do achieve good things when we play around with things that we enjoy playing around with. I suppose that's why Google set up their offices the way they do. Have you seen any footage of Google office? You should. Just google it up. They do put emphasis on people having fun because I think they do believe that people who have fun in their work achieve better result.

As for me, I am still learning. One day, I might have to go back to the working place, and this is my way of equipping myself with yet more tradable skills. I do enjoy doing all these things, and hopefully I would eventually be able to earn myself a living through things that I really do enjoy.

In addition, this post shall also be my reminder to provide a good environment for playing around for others, especially my Little One, in the hope that they will grow and challenge their comfort zone, and become a better person out of it.

How about you? What do you play around with today?

No comments:

Post a Comment