Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Learning something new everyday...

When I was working, we often welcome new batches of trainees, and sometimes full time employees, aboard. The onus is, of course, on us 'long-timers' to bring them up to date with how things are done etc etc etc. Other times, there will be on-hand training to introduce new duties or even some new way of doing things.

Not to be boastful, but I think I was usually one of those who manage to catch up quickly. Combined later on with my responsibility as the supervisor in charge, I do get to 'teach' people quite a bit, and I often quote 'learning something new everyday'. I think it's a good motto to live by. Hopefully it will prevent you from becoming stuck in the past, never growing, never improving.

Well, today I learn about watermarking.
I notice that the blogs I love often would put watermark on their photos.
Concerns regarding copyrights issue aside, I think it really make the blogs look professional.
As I might have mention before, I do have hopes for this blog. Also, I do like to think I take pretty good pictures at times, and I do not want them to be used without my permission. So I suppose it's a good idea to watermark my pictures.



I found this free watermarking service from Google, PicMarkr.
Well, I suppose there are more out there, as you can see from the google search page. However, I just happen to choose PicMarkr and find it pretty easy to use as well.
If you happen to have Picasa, Facebook or Flickr, you can even simply connect to your photos via the website and then replace the original photos with the watermarked ones.

I have been using Picasa for sharing my photos, especially the Little Ones', with my family.
I was really happy to see that the free photo editing software Picnik is now integrated in the Picasa photo viewer. It made my life very much easier the other day when I had to tell a story about the Dog (maybe will share it with you one of these days).

Now, I know that I have been dropping names. I am not paid to be an advertiser. You notice that I mainly share about free stuff. The point here is more to share about my progress in getting the hang of good blogging as I see it. As I learn, you can expect more entries in the same vein, on things I learn in order to be a better blogger, and hopefully, a better person. These might or may not be useful to you, but, hey, we need to learn something new everyday, right? Well... so...

This is one of the pics that I watermark today. There are more, but maybe they are more useful for other posts I plan to write in the future.

So, what have learnt today?

This is my own watercolor painting. It was my something new learnt some other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment