Sunday, August 1, 2010

Setting up

I realize that the term 'me-time' is mainly used by the women-kind.
Should that be weird? After all, one would think that guys, and not just gals, do need their 'me-time' as well. But I suppose maybe they do not quite juggle their time they way most gals do.
Especially Moms.

Hhh... when I got this opportunity to quite my job and become a stay-at-home Mom, I thought I would have time to do ALL the things I've been wanting but had no opportunity to do. Little did I know that taking care of a house and a little baby (and later one, also a dog), would leave me with not so much energy and time after all. So much so that when I got my share of me-time at the end of the day, I have barely enough energy to check my mails, maybe read my book or blogs that I enjoy, do a bit of craft, or sleep.

When I got a helper (we have one on part time basis, that is she makes 5 visits in 2 weeks), I really 'use' her. I left the baby with her, go out, enjoy my coffee, do some work out (not anymore, though), shop at the market, read, eat out, go for massage... hmmm... that was good. As I mention in the previous entry, however, I feel that I need to show something for my time not working. So... this shall be the plan starting from today, to manage my me-time properly:

- I shall first get the daily blog done (should I have any idea for a post) BEFORE I do my other stuff (like checking my mails, recipe, google reader, facebook etc etc etc)
- keep the notebook with me to jot down any ideas for the post, so that I would not stare at the blank page and drawing a blank as well
- strictly parenting when it's not me-time

Well, that's all for now. Just for your info, though, I was soo serious about this that on the day I first write for this blog (it was the helper's day to come), I got back from my shopping trip, and instead of having lunch downstairs, I simply grab a bread for 'working lunch', to be had while I hide from the Little One upstairs and started setting up.

I do hope it will pay off.

Anyway, there are still a lot of things to learn and do. I would still like to have a proper profile page, with photos and all. It will be slightly complicated as I would like to keep the privacy option, which means that I would have to either choose my pictures carefully or edit them heavily.

I also hope to keep the blog organized with proper labels and links and what nots. And then I will have to take the Dog and the LIttle one for daily walkies, cook dinner, etc etc. OOooo.... running out of me-time soon.

So, what are you going to do with your 'me-time'?

No comments:

Post a Comment