Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Catching some sunlight

Not that there is any special need for me to do that, what with us living in tropical climate over here.
But the other day I caught this on my laundry room door:


Shadows of... grass?
Yeah right, grass? That tall? I have no such thing in front of the house.
It turned out to be patterns etched on the old film on the window. Not quite a pattern as signs of age.
But it was pretty. And I was just inspired to see where else the sunlight falls in the house at different time of the day. That can only happen when the sun is low enough, so that would either be in the early morning (where I would most probably be sleeping) or in the early evening (perfect opportunity!).
And so I went around to catch some sunlight. And here's what we got so far, the better ones, at least.

Sun on my kitchen floor

Sun on my kitchen table
These two must be the result of my lovely kitchen window. I am getting more and more in love with that window. I might consider having that kind of window should I plan my own house.

Sun in the room upstairs
Not many for upstairs yet. Need to get better photos first.

Sun on my Kid
I think the sun mostly come in from the front of the house. There's a pretty big tree next door at the back that blocks the sun from getting in from the back. In a way it's good as it makes the house somewhat cooler. In any case, it's not like the house is dark. So I'm happy.

We'll try to get more pictures of the sunlight and share it here. Isn't it good to know where the goodness get into the house?

**note added 9 Jan 2011
Uhmm.. the first picture, pattern schmattern! I just realized today it's not because the film is old. The film has been scratched over and over by the Dog whenever she barked excitedly at whatever things in front of the house (usually strangers). well... but at least it's still pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment