Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Cooking


It's not that we did a whole lot of special Christmas cooking. In fact, I think there were only 2 'specially for Christmas' cooking.
The first, these Rugelach Pinwheels from smitten kitchen.
They were awesome.
Yes, were. They're all gone by now, and it's not even Christmas yet. Maybe I should make another batch.
Of course, as usual, I made quite few changes according to the ingredients that I have on hand: raisins, almonds and mango jam instead of.... well... you can check out the recipe yourself here.


Those were the few left barely a few days later. We are greedy bunch here in StudioKancil. Especially the Kancil. haha...


The other special Christmas cooking was this Turducken that the Husband made. It was Turkey stuffed with Duck stuffed with Chicken.
I believe it's also often known as Royal Roast, a few birds stuffed into one another, with variations of the birds used. For our case, we used the ones available at reasonable prices.
I believe that the hardest thing was actually finding the proper equipment, like the oven thermometer that was proudly sitting in the oven. The rest was a whole fun learning experience.

Here's how the resulting dinner table looked like:


I have to say that after smelling that big dead bird roasting away for a good couple of hours, at dinner time, I was barely motivated to take a few obligatory photograph before sitting down and demolishing that bird.  It helps as well that we had some good friends coming. So I am afraid this is it, the final photo (as of now) for our Christmas cooking this year.
Of course, Christmas being still 4 days away, there is always the possibility that I would cook something else.

In the meantime, I do hope you all have similarly wonderful Christmas specials, with great company to help you share the burden of finishing the meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment