Sunday, December 5, 2010

StudioKancil in Bali (part 3)

Bedroom door frame, from outside
Maybe I can share with you why I did this series of StudioKancil.

There were actually 3 sources of inspiration.
One was some good photos I actually manage to take, edit and post of my Little One.
To this Mama's biased opinion, they looked pretty cool, like those actually taken in a real studio with a real photographer.
And so I called them StudioMama photos.

Between those photos and the trip to Bali, I actually manage to read quite a few blogs with fabulous styling and photography. One of the most inspiring ones is decor8 by one fantastic blogger, Holly Becker. The blog is full (I am saying chock a block, filled to the brim and overflowing) of wonderful inspirations of all kinds of design. Holly, however, does have quite a soft spot for stylists, for she did quite a few posts on stylist and their gorgeous works on the blog.

Now I do not have any designing, photographing, or whatever training (except about some types of wines, a bit on food hygiene... ahem... but I think that will be a story for another time). But when I landed in Bali, and then the villa, with the kid tagging and the Kancil in her hand.....
I guess the things just came together. The inspiration, the chance, whatever.

I am still not much of a photographer or a stylist, though, as I can point out to you later why.  Let's just say we are still learning, ya? After all, we are learning new things everyday, aren't we?
So, on to StudioKancil, take three.... roll!

Bedroom door frame, from inside
Still remember that first photo above my rambling just now, right? So here's the view of the door frame from inside the room. Gorgeous, isn't it? In the first place, I do love how tree branches look against the sky. I have so many pictures of trees from our walks around waiting for the light of day in this blog, or anywhere. Here, I think the carvings on the door frame somewhat repeats the motive, creating this absolutely beautiful frame.
By the way, I know you can't tell, but I was lying on the bed when I took this picture. I just couldn't pass up the opportunity. Such beautiful picture!

Another door
And you know the best part? The room does not have just one door. It actually has 3 similar doors on 3 sides of the bed. This one is the one that faces the swimming pool in the courtyard.
I am afraid that the third door does not have any special view, just a boring wall, so I did not take a picture.

Shoes and slippers

Shoes and slippers
Ah, the Kancil is back. These two photos are a testament of me not being a stylist. First, I was too lazy to arrange the shoes before the first photo. Then, after I told myself off for being too lazy and arranged the shoes, I got too lazy to get back to the first position for taking the photo.
Oh well.. need more practice.

The bed

Ahm, the messy bed
I really need to be a neater person. Or be more brutal in cropping my pictures. Enough said.

The ceiling and the gigantic metal work headboard
I don't normally like using flashlight, but since I do not quite know how to get the details without using flashlight, I had to use them. Quite an unusual ceiling, adapted from the traditional Balinese construction, I believe. I am not quite sure about the metal work, though.

His washbasin
 Well, the bathroom actually came with his and her washbasin, a toilet, a shower, a bathtub, and even an outdoor shower. I guess we scored the honeymoon suite. I didn't quite take photo outside, though, as the outdoor shower is just a tad overgrown to my taste.

Window in the shower
Bathtub
On hindsight, I think I should have straighten the blinds, maybe adjust them to let more light in, lit the candle(s), tucked in the shower hose, even strategically place a few flowers before taking this pic. Oh well, I guess that's why other people get paid to style and take photos while I don't.

Again, I guess I am still learning. Haha....

Stylist/photographer in training
So, as the last photo, the girl behind the camera.
Ah, and by the way, NO, I was not pregnant. Must be the big breakfast I had that morning.
Or that pink top.
Limited holiday wardrobe, you must understand.

Anyway, thanks for reading. Let's hope we can take better pics next time. Especially when the objects are so gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment